Monday, October 31, 2005

'Masked: Is Burger King trying to put one over on me?'

article by SETH STEVENSON here.

A few weeks ago, on Sept. 30, I received an e-mail from a reader: "Just by chance, do you know if they will be selling a BK King mask for Halloween."

I knew this referred to the plastic-headed "King" character from Burger King's ongoing ad campaign. But it seemed a slightly odd, out-of-nowhere query. Before I could give it much thought, a few more e-mails rolled in.

Here's one from Oct. 5: "How does a nobody like me, go about obtaining a Burger King head/mask, to use for Halloween? Do you have any ideas?"

And later that same day: "how can someone go about getting a burger king head like the one in the comercials. This would make an excellent costume now that halloween is aproaching and everyone I know seems to eat @ burger king on a regular basis."

No comments: